Getting CFS2 To Work On 64-bit Operating Systems (Windows 7/8)
Combat Flight Simulator 2: World War II Pacific Theatre
NOTE: All files found on this page are for 64bit operating systems
Please consider making a donation to help maintain this site
CFS2 x86 LINKS:
NOTE: ALL ITEMS FOUND ON THIS PAGE ARE FOR 64BIT OPERATING SYSTEMS, AND ASSUME THAT CFS2 IS INSTALLED IN ITS "DEFAULT" DIRECTORY:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator 2
This tutorial will guide you through the process of getting (hopefully) CFS2 to run on a 64-bit operating system. This process has been tested and is (so far) working on Windows 7 Ultimate x64:
01. Install CFS2
02. Install the CFS2 No CD Script x86.
03. Use Windows Explorer and navigate to the "default" CFS2 directory - typically this is C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator 2
04. Locate the CFS2 executable file (cfs2.exe).
05. Click on the executable file once to highlight it (your screen should look similar to the photo shown below):
Screen shot #1
06. Click the RIGHT mouse button on the executable file, and select "Properties" from the context menu that appears (your screen should look similar to the photos shown below):
Screen shot #2
Screen shot #3
07. Click on the Compatibility tab located at the top of the dialog box that appears (your screen should look similar to the photo shown below):
Screen shot #4
08. Click on the "Change settings for all users" button located at the lower left of the dialog box (your screen should look similar to the photo shown below):
Screen shot #5
09. Place a check mark in the "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" option box and select "Windows XP (Service Pack 2)" from the listing (your screen should look similar to the photo shown below):
Screen shot #6
10. Click "Apply" and then click "OK" and then click "OK" again to exit the properties dialog box. CFS2 should now (hopefully) run on your 64-bit operating system.
11. In order to play CFS2 in a multiplayer game, especially if you use TCP/IP to connect, you will need to open several ports in your router (if you have more than one computer accessing the Internet) or your Firewall
(if you have only one computer accessing the Internet. Below is a list of the port needed by CFS2:
TCP & UDP:
Also, if you are on a router and have more than one computer hooked up to it, make sure that you assign the ports to the IP address assigned to your computer by your router, as each computer on the router is assigned its’ ownIP address. If these ports are not set up correctly, you will not be able to join a TCP/IP connection in CFS2
NOTE: All files available for download from this site are FREEWARE, and do not, to our knowledge, infringe on any copyrighted material. If there are items on this site that you suspect do have copyright, or are credited to the wrong person, or to "Unknown", and either you are the owner or you know who the owner is, please email the Webmaster at the bottom of the frame to the left so that he/she can be given full credit for their work.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of Evil is for good men to do nothing."
Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator©is a copyrighted trademark of Microsoft Corporation.
Abacus Aircraft Factory 99© is a copyrighted trademark of Abacus Publishing.
E-mail Web Master
Date last modified: July 20, 2015